RugbyWA is a not-for-profit organisation run by its ‘shareholders’ – WA clubs and affiliated bodies (juniors, schools, referees, womens and country rugby).
RugbyWA incorporates both Professional and Community Rugby. There is no private ownership of RugbyWA with profit generated re-invested into the game at all levels in WA.
Rugby is one of the few truly international sports and it is played in over 130 countries around the world. It is a sport strongly based on tradition and sportsmanship and rugby in Western Australia reflects this. The ethos and values adopted for the sport in this State are integrity, unity, courage, excellence and energy.
Rugby in Western Australia has a history dating back to 1881 and until 2006 participation in rugby in the State had only been on a community basis.
There has been enormous growth in participation and interest in community rugby from grassroots juniors to senior competitions.
The introduction of the Emirates Western Force as the fourth Australian Super Rugby franchise has taken the profile and interest in the code to another level.
The Emirates Western Force participates in the toughest and highest profile international provincial competition in the world. Importantly, half of their games each year will be played in Perth.
Rugby is thriving in Western Australia upon a foundation of strong community rugby and a new and exciting professional team. We hope you will join us as we move forward and enjoy the ‘game they play in heaven’.
Grow Rugby and Grow Rugby talent in Western Australia.
To be the best union and have the best Super Rugby team in the Southern Hemisphere.
• Integrity – We will act with integrity in all on and off field activities. Integrity represents acting ethically, with respect, humility, professionalism, loyalty and discipline. It includes open and honest communication.
• Unity – We will live and act as one at all times. Decisions will be made in the interests of Rugby in Western Australia. Unity represents the notions of teamwork, camaraderie, belonging and strength and resolve when under pressure.
• Courage – We will be determined and undaunted in our approach both on and off the field. Courage represents toughness and the strength of character to stand during times of adversity and act consistently with our ethos and values regardless of the outcome.
• Excellence – We will excel on and off the field, delivering to our stakeholders. This success will be sustainable and will be based on innovation, continuous improvement, delivering on promises and accountability.
• Energy – Our vibrancy is reflected in the passion and drive of our people. We will transfer this sustained vigour, passion and enthusiasm into the pursuit of our objectives.